Jan 25, 2013
Can a HIV+ive person donate the organs after death. Is the body if donated to a hospital is of practically any use? If someone is interested in donating eyes after death, can the eyes be used on a healthy person? What other organs can he donate?
Response from Dr. Wohl
Nope, no donation of any parts if you are HIV+. HIV can be transmitted through transplant of infected organs and tissues.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Tingling Lips After Licking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- How Long Does Fluconazole Take To Work?
- Picture Of Sexually Transmitted Disease Symptoms
- Will Rinsing Your Mouth With Peroxide Help Thrush?
- After Using Pep Is A Three Month Window Period Accurate
- Can HIV Symptoms Appear During Window Period?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.