Please help me experts
Jan 25, 2013
I have been to singapore 3 days ago and had sex with a prostitute. She did oral sex for me without condom and then vaginal sex with condom. al last we did french kiss but I figured out I had an oral ulcer. I am not sure if the condom was broken or not. I was so frightened afterwards and seen doctor the next day who gave me post-exposure prophylaxis for 1 month. How is my risk of getting HIV and will PEP affect the window period? when should I do the test?
Response from Dr. Wohl
Since you already started PEP, you should complete it. Testing for HIV should be done at 4 weeks and then 12 weeks after the exposure, regardless of PEP.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Do Swollen Lymph Nodes Mean I Have AIDS?
- Dry Cough After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Rectal Bleeding After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can You Drink After Chlamydia Medication?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.