rapid test accuracy after protected sex

Hi Dr. Wohl, On 11/27/12 I had protected vaginal sex with a man of unknown status. He used a latex condom (from start to finish and no breakage). He also pulled out before ejeculating. I took a 3rd generation Unigold rapid test by Biotech (finger stick) 7 weeks to the day after this incident, the result was negative. The woman that administered my test assured me that it was not necessary for me to retest. She also told me that this test was conclusive at 21 days. I called the cuatomer service number for Biotech and the man I spoke to assured me that at 7 weeks there is no need to retest. What is your opinion. ? Do you think that I should retest at 12 weeks ? I realize that the incident itself was low risk but...I guess I'm paranoid. Thanks for your time and advice !

There was no risk here so I would not retest. Your risk of a false positive HIV test (which would unnecessarily freak you out) is higher than any risk (zero) that this event led to HIV infection.

your answer about "not a worried well"
dear dr. wohl