HIV-2

Thank you Dr. Wohl for taking the time to read and respond to my questions. In reference to the HIV-2 testing- All HIV testing I had so far have been = HIV 1 & 2 Ab (EIA) and the latest is 82 days after the incident- do I still have to test after 90 days? Is your suggestion of isolated HIV-2 testing sec to the fact that the woman was AA ? (not sure if she was from Africa-clearly not from Europe) Also are there any specific HIV-2 tests available?

If my spouses's rash was within 4 weeks from my incident and assuming this was ARS- would not I be Ab positive by now?

Had the HCV EIA rechecked also at day 82. Based on your response I assume you are suggesting to test for HCV viral load to rule this out completely correct? Could this be EBV related?

If Syphilis can do this, are there any other tests you suggest outside the two IgG's I had done (latest one at day 82 post-incident)?

Thank you for your attention

For HIV-2 there is a specific antibody test that can be ordered.

HCV antibody testing a 3 months after exposure is fine to exclude HCV infection.

Syphilis testing is done most commonly with an RPR test. Again, at this point would be positive.

Do I have VIH?
your answer about "not a worried well"