HIV TRANSMISSION-STDS FROM FINGERNAIL SCRATCHES

Hi Ms Southhall,

I have already posted my question, but I am very worried so I decided to repost it as soon as I saw your first answer for today. I also added some things

Yesterday I went to a stript club where I took a private dance with a stripper. During the dance she was scratching me with her fingernails on my back hard enough to provoke me pain so I told her to stop. When I gon home I noticed little blood on my shirt. I think that although the scratches were a little bloody, I think they are superficial and not deep. I know that there is zero risk of HIV-HBV-HCV transmission regarding only these facts. My concern is the following: If her nails weren't clean and had little vagina fluid or blood from other men's in the club scrathces like mine under her nails (I didn't notice any of these on her arms or her fingers so we speak about tiny quantities) what is my risk of HIV-HBV-HCV transmission through the scratches? Should I go to get cheched? I am also worried about my girlfriend. Should I continue to have unprotected sex with her or not? I forgot to tell you that I am 26 years old and got vaccinated for HBV when I was young according to greek national vaccination program so I think the vaccine was made properly because my doctor was very good and was working in the university. Am I protected against HBV taking into account that a long time since the vaccine has passed?

Thank you in advance! Any advice would be extremely useful!

Hi The risk of HIV transmission is this scenario is highly unlikely. HIV begins to die once it is outside of the body and is unable to infect. So if she were to have vaginal fluid or semen on her fingers, there would have to be a direct exchange of body fluid, meaning the fluid would have to be placed on her fingers as she made contact with you and caused the scratching.

So again, no likelihood of transmission in this manner.

hiv
please help me dr