Worried Mommy!!

I went to the grocery store today. I was in the store about 2 minutes my son wanted to take his coat off. When I took of his coat his shirt pulled up and I saw on the back of the seat were he was leaning against bare skin there was reddish blackish substance looked kinda like blood still looked wet not a large amount. My son had scraped his back a 4 days ago so the scab had pealed all off so there was split skin non bleeding. I guess my question is if his bare back touched the blood on his split skin is he at risk for hiv or hep c. Would testing be important to have done? Hes only 2. Thanks for the advice.

Hi HIV transmission in this scenario is highly unlikely. If it were to be blood containing HIV on the grocery cart, HIV begins to die as soon as it leaves the body and is unable to infect. This happens within minutes. With the substance being dry there is no way for any transmission to occur. Your son is fine.

what are my risks?
Please put my fear to rest!!