Jan 21, 2013
what is chances to get hiv through single unprotected sexual exposure from woman to man, sex was only for 1 minutes and i tested negative after 28 days, now what is chances to be infected.
| Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman
Hello there- The risk according to the CDC would be at 5 per 10,0000 exposures (http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/law/transmission.htm). Since you have already tested negative at 28 days I would say your risk is much much lower. A test at 28 days is very accurate. I suggest testing again at 90 days to be conclusive but my guess is you will remain negative. Take care, LHW
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Herpes And Hiv The Same?
- If You Are Hiv Positive Are You Able To Get Disability Benefits?
- What Happens If Thrush Mouth Goes Untreated?
- When You Have Hiv Do You Cough And Sneeze And Have A Stuffy Noes?
- What's The Accurate Window Period To Find Out If You Hiv?
- Can Worrying About Hiv Make You Have Symptoms When You Don't Have It?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.