Jan 21, 2013
what is chances to get hiv through single unprotected sexual exposure from woman to man, sex was only for 1 minutes and i tested negative after 28 days, now what is chances to be infected.
| Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman
Hello there- The risk according to the CDC would be at 5 per 10,0000 exposures (http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/law/transmission.htm). Since you have already tested negative at 28 days I would say your risk is much much lower. A test at 28 days is very accurate. I suggest testing again at 90 days to be conclusive but my guess is you will remain negative. Take care, LHW
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Bloody Pee After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Coated Tongue After Topping Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Loose Stool After Sucking Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Can Ampicillin Treat Chlamydia?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.