found blood on food

Hi I just have a question, I was at a fast food restaurant and I'm not sure if the person cut his finger but I noticed he kept on looking at his hands while cutting my sandwich to see if he cut his hand, he also was wearing gloves, and I also didn't see any blood, he then toasted the sandwich, if he was hiv + and blood happend to go on the sandwich am I at risk???? I also ate the sandwich like 15 mins after it was given to me. Thanks a lot!

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

There is no risk for HIV from the situation you're talking about. NONE. People do not get HIV from food (for MANY reasons).

You can only get HIV when body fluid carrying HIV (e.g. blood, semen, breast milk, vaginal fluids) leaves a person's body and goes immediately/directly inside someone else's body. All of that must happen. In your case none of that did.

Let's say that the person making your sandwich did cut himself and bleed on your sandwich. It would've needed to have been a large amount of blood. But you didn't see any blood.

Also, the mouth is not an efficient way to get HIV. Another way of saying that is it doesn't happen that way.

So on top of all this evidence that there was no HIV risk, he toasted your sandwich!

Hope this helps!

Erik

Do I have HIV?
Saliva as a lube in protected anal sex