The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Am I Infected?

Jan 19, 2013

6 weeks ago i had sex with a sex workers, after we had finished, i ran into toilet and pull out my condom, i did check by filling water into the condom to ensure there are no break. Now i recall back during i pulling out the condom i touch the fluid on the condom and touch on my tips of penis, will in transmit into my body from the tip? as mention by you in few other question you said that normally it acute after 2-6 weeks and it last for 1-2 weeks. exactly happen on me that i have flu n light fever on 3rd weeks and last for 2 weeks. am i infected? i have few symptoms like lymph nodes pain on my neck, abdominal and groin. nausea and headache. please help!!

Response from Ms. Southall

Hi You had protected sex with a condom which did not break and worked the way it was supposed to!!! Good for you. As for when you went to take it off and checking the condom and the fluid touching, it would be extremely difficult for HIV to transmit this way. HIV begins to die once it is outside of the body and is unable to infect. The important thing to remember is that HIV is not the only sexually transmitted infection to be concerned about when having sex. Herpes, syphillis, chlamydia, gonorrhea, HPV etc are possible. If you symptoms continue I would encourage you to follow up with your health care provider for evaluation, but HIV transmission again is highly unlikely.

Be well and stay safe, Shannon

blood in the flood
HIV or Mono Symptoms? Please help!

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint