|blood in the flood
Jan 19, 2013
i have an open wound in my foot (but i have tape/ plaster it)..is there any risk to be infected hiv if i walk in the flood (if there is a blood in the flood)? because my town is flooding now.. is the tape / plester secure me from hiv blood?
| Response from Ms. Southall
Hi There is no risk of HIV transmission happening this way. There is however possibilities of other bacterial infections occurring. I would make sure you continue to keep the wound clean and as dry as possible. But again HIV transmission is not possible in this situation.
Be well, Shannon
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Pain In Penis After Having Sex During Period What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Swollen Glands After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Can Someone Get Std If They Get Fingered?
- Epididymitis Symptoms Causes Treatment
- How Much Does It Cost To Get Tested For Stds?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.