|blood in the flood
Jan 19, 2013
i have an open wound in my foot (but i have tape/ plaster it)..is there any risk to be infected hiv if i walk in the flood (if there is a blood in the flood)? because my town is flooding now.. is the tape / plester secure me from hiv blood?
| Response from Ms. Southall
Hi There is no risk of HIV transmission happening this way. There is however possibilities of other bacterial infections occurring. I would make sure you continue to keep the wound clean and as dry as possible. But again HIV transmission is not possible in this situation.
Be well, Shannon
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Black Spots After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Coated Tongue After Touching Vaginal Secretions Worried I Have HIV
- Floaters After Getting Head Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Rimming Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Biting Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Red Spots After Reused Needle Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.