The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Am I at risk ???

Jan 19, 2013

I had unprotected oral sex with a prostitute.She sucked my penis till I ejaculated.The very next day i had sore throat which developed into severe flu(fever,cough and cold) within a week. I also had pain in the neck,groin,arm pits and was feeling pain in sitting.Then in the second week I had stomach upset which lasted for two or three days.Now I am in the third week of my exposure and the things i am feeling are terrible.I have noticed two or three rashes (oval shaped bumps) one on belly one on back and one on hand.I am also feeling itching and irritation at different parts.there are also few protrusions on my neck and armpit and eyes with severe headache.I am also feeling pain and irritation in my eyes.Please analyze my situation.May be that person had blood in mouth or mouth ulcers and the HIV virus may had entered through my tip of penis .

Response from Ms. Southall

Hi Oral sex carries the lowest risk of HIV transmission. But it does allow for the contraction of other sexually transmitted infections. With your symptoms I would encourage you to follow up with your health care provider for evaluation of your symptoms. The evaluation of these STI's should include, HIV, Herpes, syphillis, chlamydia and gonorrhea. You could also just have a cold. But you need to know for sure so you can receive treatment.

Be well and stay safe, Shannon

please help me.. Am i Safe?
Vaginal fluid

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint