Please answer 4th time asking possible exposure

About three weeks ago I had a possible exposure, he was about to insert me unprotected, I told him no and to go get a condom. He insisted that he was clean, but I stood my ground. He finally gave in a went to the next room to retrieve a condom. I didn't actually see him put it on, for I was doing something else at that moment. The sexual encounter lasted only five minutes, something came up and I had to leave. Exactly two days later I got really sick for about 12 hours, I came down with chills, cough, fever, swollen lymph nodes in the neck and just the over all feeling of not feeling well. Around 11pm that night the symptoms went away. Everything but the cough, which lasted about four to five days. Since I didn't actually see him put the condom on I'm scared I could be infected. My question is, how soon after would I start experiencing symptoms, after the possible exposure and do these sound like typical ARS symtoms. Also, since our encounter was only five minutes I'm sure I was only exposed to pre cum, what is my risk from contracting it that way. I was our first and only sexual encounter, if that helps. Thanks so much Dr. Lisa.

Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman

Hello there- Since you aren't sure whether a condom was used, I would say that there is some risk in the encounter you describe. However, at 2 days the symptoms are unlikely to be acute HIV. Acute HIV usually occurs two to six weeks after infection with HIV, and lasts one to two weeks. Given your possible exposure, testing at 4 weeks would be indicated and give you a relatively accurate result. Testing at 90 days would be conclusive. Take care, LHW

blood in my mouth
Mechanical transmission by leeches, please don't ignore