HIV+ result response

Hello Dr. Lisa. Recently you responded to my question 'HIV+ result'. I wanted to inform you that since posting this I have taken an oraquick at home HIV test which is advertised here on the site. The results came back negative without a shadow of a doubt. Also I've been spending the last week recollecting my past and if there were any possible risks. I uses protection with all of my previous partners before my husband who tests negative annually. I have never used injectable drugs. The only needle pricks I've had have come from doctors in a clinic. I thought I should also mention that I received the gardacil vaccination when I was 16 and received my first flu shot EVER the same day they drew blood for the original tests out of the same arm which I heard could cause false positives on both tests. Also my first pregnancy was carried out in North Carolina at a Naval Hospital where HIV testing is mandatory which obviously yielded negative results. I am not a doctor but it would seem to me that there is no possible way for me to have HIV. Further thoughts?

Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman

Hello there It certainly sounds like you have not had a risk for HIV (other than the tattoo exposure you described previously). I would still suggest getting the standard third trimester testing but agree that it sounds like the test performed previously was a false positive. Take care, LHW

please help nervous wreck
condom broken need help!!