Condom broke at the base

I was having sex with a guy and the condom broke at the base. He saw it and we stopped having sex.

the top of the condom was ok and his penis was covered.. he did no ejaculate ...I checked the condom and it was a hole only in the base close to the ring of the condom the rest was ok .

I went to an immunologist next day she gave me PEP for only 72 hours just in case.

What do you think is the risk? Should i continue with the PEP?

Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman

Hello Based on your description of the condom and what happened after you noticed the break, I would say your risk of infection is very low. You can certainly continue the PEP if you are concerned and are tolerating the medications but my guess is that stopping would be fine as well. Take care LHW

hiv risk
please help nervous wreck