Weight loss

I've been tested at 11 weeks for HIV. I still have 2 weeks, for my lab results. I've noticed since my last doctor visit, I weighted "173", Dec 18th. Today I weight "168", Jan 13th. 5 pounds lighter! I don't know if this is healthy. I don't know if it's stress with my smoking habit. I never got sick and still haven't, since I had unprotected sex. My doctor said my lymph nodes and Pap was all normal. That was Dec 8th. My question: Losing 5 pounds in 3 weeks is that normal? Could it be stress with smoking at least 5 times a day? Can a woman have a normal pap living with HIV? Does this sound like HIV? (I had bacterial vaginosis and after taking antibiotics, I had a yeast infection) I have notice small pimples on my lower back and upper arm that come and go, that leave black heads. My doctor stated that it didn't look like anything but pimples. She stated not to stress, but I can't help it. Sorry for all the questions. Im just scared and disappointed in myself. Thank you for your time.

Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman

Hello there I have no reason to think from what you wrote that you have HIV infection, however, I'm not sure what the exposure you had that has caused you to be so worried. People lose weight for all different reasons and it would be best for you to monitor this over time as well as your diet and talk with a provider if your weight loss continues. Certainly smoking can contribute and overall is not a good thing for long term health. People with and without HIV can have both normal and abnormal PAP smears and so the results of that test are not helpful in this regard. Regardless, I would try to relax as you wait for your tests results.Take care, LHW

Am I at risk?
hiv risk