HIV+ result

Hi. During my first pregnancy in Dec 08 - Sep 09 I tested negative for HIV. At that time I was married to my husband and my previous partner had been a virgine. My partner previous to him was to my knowledge without any STDs as I was only in highschool. Now with my second pregnancy I'm testing positive. The only change in my life has been a tattoo which I received in April from a professional shop who used new needles, new ink, and covered the tattoo gun with plastic. So in my opinion I have had no exposure, no symptoms, and my husband and three year old daughter do not have HIV. So why did my screening test and western blot come back positive? By the way they used the same blood sample for both tests at the same lab which seemed odd to me. The doctor also waited a full month until my next appointment to tell me the results which they then took more blood for a different test which no one could tell me the name for. I got a call the day after saying the sample was not useable because they didn't know it had to be frozen. I'm concerned that this wasn't their first mistake and I don't want to take drugs that could harm me and my unborn child when I'm almost 100% certain I don't have HIV. Thoughts?

Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman

Hello there- I would suggest repeating the test asap at a reputable testing location. A rapid test could be done in 20 minutes and would suggest confirmatory testing in your case be done and include an HIV viral load test. It is important for both your health and that of your child to get accurate results as soon as possible. If you are indeed positive, medications can prevent transmission to your baby and an HIV specialist can help. Take care. LHW

pre cum in eye
Am I at risk?