Reassurance would be greatly appreciated
Jan 13, 2013
I've taken three oraquick in home tests, one at ninety days one at ninety two days and one at ninety five days all were negative. In your opinion can these tests be conclusive. I thank you for taking time to help people like myself.
Response from Dr. Wohl
Almost. The home tests are the same used in the clinics but their accuracy suffers from user error (that means folks doing the test at home mess it up more than trained clinic staff). So, I would say the odds you are HIV+ are very slim but for conclusive you should go to a clinic.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sore On Tongue After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Sharing Razors Or Drinks?
- Can You Get Hep B With A Condom?
- How To Completely Get Rid Of Vaginal Discharge?
- Is Clindamycin Used To Treat Some Sexually Transmitted Disease?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.