Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Receptive Anal without protection for less than 30 seconds? RisK?
Jan 13, 2013

Hello, I have been seeing an MD (Just had to mention that) who I found on Grindr. We have been having anal and oral sex, me being the bottom. He really wants to cum inside of me but I won't let him. Which makes me wonder who else he hooks up with and the risks he has taken. Anyhow, I noticed he pulled the condom off and his penis was inside my ass for about 20-30 seconds without a condom. I was pissed when I realized it and insisted we finish the act with a condom. I must say from giving him head and numerous sexcapades he does not precum visibly at all. Is my risk of HIV very high, should I still get PEP because I have until tomorrow. Since he is a doctor he claims I was really at no risk and he mentioned there was no precum. I hate to take PEP because I know its so hard on the system. He claims he does not have HIV but again, only knowing me 1 week and being willing to insert his penis unprotected in my ass makes me think he takes foolish risks. For the record I did confirm he is an actual doctor (because you would think a medical professional would know better.) Thanks, Sleepless in Michigan.

Response from Dr. Wohl

This is a tough call. It is really hard to know what he was up to back there and if he can be trusted. I agree it is unlikely he came or had pre-cum but can you be 100% certain? If not, I would see about PEP right away. You can always stop the PEP if it gets intolerable, knowing that the risk was likely low to begin with. Don't forget there are other STDs besides HIV

Lastly, you may want to consider finding a different doctor.

DW

Previous
Not a Question of Worried Well
Next
Very very brief questions!! Pls give me 3 Minutes of your time...

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.