Possible transmission

Hello, I am a 31 y/o gay male. A guy started to give me oral sex but I stopped him within 5 seconds when he started because I am fearful of contacting HIV. I'm scared because I do have HSV2, I had no outbreaks at the time and I gave the herpes under control with medication. Does this put me at risk of contracting HIV easier? I'm so paranoid and scared. Thank you!

Someone performing oral sex on you carries hardly any risk of HIV at all. The virus just is not found in sufficient quantities in the saliva to make this an infectious fluid.

The classical thinking has been that herpes lesions could place one at risk for HIV acquisition following an exposure to infected fluids. And, this makes sense in that an open wound could be imagined as a portal for infection. However, the data are not that supportive with large trials of the herpes drug acyclovir not found to reduce risk of HIV when taken by men and women with a history of herpes simplex 2.

Still, I suggest not performing oral sex on someone when you have an outbreak, staying on your herpes med, and using condoms during anal sex.

regarding my last question from jan3 do i have aids
Broke condom, used PEP, and broke a again when I had sex with my wife