|repercussions of unprotecte sex
Jan 13, 2013
Hi, Me and my partner are both HIV positive. I am on Atripla with undetectable viral load. She has just started her medication and she is 4 months pregnant. My question is what are the repercussions or consequences of having unprotected sex?
| Response from Dr. Wohl
I see little risk for badness here. Theoretically, one could imagine some risk of one of you transmitting a new strain of HIV to the other but this seems really unlikely given you are on meds (well, now both of you are) and clearly some unprotected sex has already occurred (I am making a big assumption here as she is pregnant).
So, I would not be too concerned about HIV. If you are both not monogamous there is the issue of other STDs.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Chest Cold After Giving A Bj Worried I Have HIV
- Dizziness After Lap Dance Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Hair Loss After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Balls After Swallowing Cum Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Ejaculation After Touching Used Condom Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.