The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Risk assessment

Jan 13, 2013

Dear Shannon

I had a sexual relation with a man who I dont know if he is hiv+. I did him oral sex during a few time without a condom and there wasnt ejaculation. His penis looks like normal, without any cuts or sores, as my mouth, at least I remember. Then, we proceeded with anal intercourse (without ejaculation) with a condom which was into glove compartment of my car during all summer. I read that condoms physicals properties are changed by high temperatures, but it didnt broke or slip off. Condom looked like normal and he put correctly. I think I havent any contact with semen, perhaps, only with a little precum in oral sex. The penetration was in a few time, perhaps one/two minutes. At this specific situation and if he is positive, which are my risks for to get hiv or other STIs?

Thank you

Response from Ms. Southall

Hi Oral sex carries the lowest risk of HIV transmission and protected anal sex carries very low transmission as well. Yes condoms can lose their integrity if kept in places that can cause damage. But since it didn't break and stayed on the entire time. You had the needed protection. Your risk of HIV transmission is small. Other STI's, some are protected with condoms and some are not. Your concerns for STI's should be addressed with your health care provider for testing.

Be well and stay safe, Shannon

Scared of possible infection
regarding my last question from jan3 do i have aids

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint