The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Scared of possible infection

Jan 13, 2013

Hi Shannon, I have genital herpes but I have it under control. With this being said a guy started to give me oral but I had him stop within 5 seconds from when he started. When he stopped I then proceeded to jack myself off until I ejaculated. With this act I fear that I put myself at risk for HIV. Did I put myself at risk? I'm really worried because two weeks past this event I started to have a swollen gland under my arm pit that feels sore and tender to the touch. I feel a little soreness in my groin area, I'm thinking lymph nodes are swollen but I really can't tell like I can with the under arm node. I have been paranoid and scared immediately after this act. I don't know what to do. The swollen lymph node under my arm started the day after I received a trial vaccine for hsv2. The vaccine is called GEN-003, not sure if you heard of it. I'm hoping this is the cause of the swollen node under my arm. The vaccine is suppose to activate the T cells and B cells. I have so much going on that its hard to wrap my head around anything. That's why I am asking for your advice. Please help. Thank you!

Response from Ms. Southall

Hi Oral sex carries the lowest risk of HIV transmission and with the exposure you had there is no risk. You are most likely experiencing symptoms from HSV and/or the vaccine. I would recommend that you follow up with your health care provider for evaluation.

Be well, Shannon

doubt with test
Risk assessment

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint