The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

HIV symptoms

Jan 12, 2013

Hi, I'm 27 years old. I had an exposure risk 6.5 weeks ago from oral sex from a sex-worker. I was drunk, but I remember that a condom was used, although maybe not properly. Around a week after exposure i noticed pain in my groin which steadily grew worse. A skin leision also appeared in my groin. The pain in my groin got worse so i went to a doctor who diagnosed prostatitis. I thought before I mey have had this due to frequent toliet trips - however, it had never caused me problems before. The pain in my groin went after around 5 weeks, but then came a burnign chest and swollen neck glands, and some night sweats. That lasted for arund a week, and now I have a pain and smalll rash in my lower leg. I am undrgoing treatement for prostatitis, but this doesn't seem to be connetced at all to my symptoms and I'm sure it's hiv. I had an abbott architect anti-body and anti-gen test come back negative at 6 weeks, but I still have the skin liesion in my groin, burning legs and swollen glands. I'm very woried it's HIV - could all these symptoms be the result of anything else?

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

Your incident of receptive oral sex was low-risk. The likelihood of HIV transmission was quite low. I am not sure what is causing your other symptoms. I would suggest working with your doctor to determine what it could be. I am confident it is not HIV. Good luck.

In health,


5 inches long and .4 inches wide entering anal area PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint