Risk of HIV

Last year in April or May I had protected vaginal and Anal sex (I'm a male) with a prostitute in London, after about a 2-4 weeks I had high fever and nothing else. Again in October I had protected vaginal sex with a prostitute. Till now after a 10 week period I had no fever as such but lately I noticed a small swelling on back of my neck. It's not painful though and I dont know for how many days it have been there. Am I at risk of HIV?? Please help.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

Next to abstinence, using a condom for each and every act of penetrative sex is the best way to protect yourself against HIV and many STD's. Since you used a condom both times the risk of HIV transmission was low. I do not think you should be concerned. I do not think you need to test for this incident in particular. However, anyone who is sexually active should be screened for HIV and all other STD's at least once a year, preferably every six months.

In health,

Richard

Cut from glass bottle at work
Risk