Mean ex

I dated someone for 6 months 2 years ago that has a very odd, sick, and not so funny sense of humor. One evening after having sex he said, "I just gave you HIV." I replied, "Why are you saying this, that's not funny?" I could tell by his face, tone, etc. he wasn't serious. Also, his chances of having anything due to his previous marital status and dating lifestyle is very low, i.e. married a virgin and monogamous for 17 years, only 3 other girlfriends since his divorce including me. Now I work with people that have HIV/AIDS in which they've contacted primarily from IV drug use, prostitution, and same sex intercourse. Needless to say I still have what he said to me in the back of my mind and it makes me second guess him saying that. During the past two years I haven't been sick. I've not had a severe sinus infection in 5 years. Whenever I go to the Dr for yearly check ups I don't talk about what he said out of fear and embarrassment. I've never had any abnormal CBC counts and my labs have always been within normal range. Also, knock on wood, I've never had the flu. I don't have any "symptoms" per say but I just would like to have some reassurance. The only thing I live with is mild asthma, allergies, and occasional heartburn. I've had allergies since childhood and took 2 shots per week as a child. I have been advised to start back on weekly allergy shots. My allergies cause clear drainage and post nasal drip on occasion. I don't have night sweats, chills, fever, weight loss, etc. If anything, I've gained weight over the past 2 years. I do get occasional swollen lymph nodes under my chin around the thyroid while dealing with sniffing, clearing throat, lots of swallowing, and cough. I also get an occasional sore throat. The lymph nodes tend to be palpable but not tender, or big. However, I feel that I'm dealing with my allergies instead of HIV. What do you think? Also, I'm completely abstinent from sex so that isn't a current worry. If I had a "real risk" wouldn't I be getting sick in some form or fashion over the past couple of years? Again, I don't have fevers, etc. I've overall pretty healthy with the exception of the above. Thanks in advance for answering.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

No where in your message do you mention getting tested for HIV. Getting tested for HIV is the only way to tell if you have been infected by the virus. I would suggest getting tested. That will give you the answer you are looking for.

In health,

Richard

Shopping Bag
Fresh cut and no gloves