Shopping Bag

Hello wanted to ask a question, the last weekend I went to the supermarket to buy a bottle of wine and a coke, when I got home I noticed a blood stain on the shopping bag and the bottle of wine. I am worried because I touched the blood in the bag and touched the blood in the bottle of wine. In one of my fingers had a small wound with a drop of blood. I need to know if i need to get a HIV test.

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

There is no real risk from the situation you're describing. That blood from the shopping bad would have needed to have gone inside your body directly after leaving the person that bled (it sounds very possible that it was actually your blood btw).

It doesn't sound like you had an open way into your body from that "small wound." It would need to be a fresh open cut!

Also, you would've touched that blood after it left the person's body.. HIV would've died before you touched it.

Hope this helps!

Erik

Is 12 weeks conclusive
Mean ex