Splash of water from a girl with cut to eye

Hello, one of my colleagues had cut herself with mixer blade yesterday. Today she touched my keyboard and mouse and I do have cut on my hand. Is there any risk there? Also she was eating fruit and i felt something splashed to my eye, is there any risk if the fruit juice splashed having mixed with the blood from her cut and then splashed into my eye?! I would appreciate if someone can get back to me on these. Thanks, John

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks of your question,

There is no risk from the situations you're describing.

You can only get HIV when body fluid carrying HIV (e.g. blood, semen, breast milk, vaginal fluids) leaves a person's body and goes immediately/directly inside someone else's body. All of that must happen. In your case none of that did.

Firstly, you had no direct contact with the common computer use (her to computer to you is not direct and you need direct contact). Secondly, there was certainly no blood in the fluid that splashed into your eye. Her cut was closed!

Hope this helps!

Erik

Worried by symptoms
HIV testing after condom breaking