Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Assess my risk
Jan 12, 2013

5 months ago: - lapdance at stripclub from friendly stripper (her HIV status is unknown) - during lapdance: light kissing, brief direct genital rubbing, no penetration but the very tip of my penis rubbed between her vaginal lips, twice she put my penis in her mouth for a second each time (no head movement, just parked in her mouth), she sucked on a finger of mine that may have had a small cut a day prior

Other info: - took oraquick fda approved oral fluid swab test at home past weekend (clearly outside the 3 month period) and results were negative

My questions: 1. at what risk level would assess my event? 2. is my negative oraquick result conclusive even if the control line was fainter than the control line pictured in the manual? 3. Does the intensity of the control line on an oraquick oral fluid at home hiv test not matter?

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

Below are my answers to your questions....

1. At what risk level would assess my event? Fairly low. Oral sex is a low-risk activity, and since there was no actual penetration transmission was unlikely.

2. Is my negative oraquick result conclusive even if the control line was fainter than the control line pictured in the manual? Yes. When reading that test it does not matter how faint the control line appears, it only matters that it appears. The same for the result area. I'm confident the inserts that come with the test clearly explain that.

3. Does the intensity of the control line on an oraquick oral fluid at home hiv test not matter? See #2

In health,

Richard

Previous
HIV transmission concerns from sharing crack pipe after dental surgery
Next
Squeezed pimples then bleeding with dirty hands

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.