Test Result Question

Hello! I am a 21 yo female i just went to my health department and got tested. Well, the first time i had sex with the person i am concerned of was a little over two months ago and the last time was a little over a month ago. According to the CDC.gov website it said that 97 % of people develop detectable antibodies between 2 and 8 weeks, the average is 25 days, in rare instances etc etc. My test came back negative, i will be reassuring the results in a few months, but does this mean that the likelyhood of my results are accurate?

Thank you so very much, Amber

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi Amber:

Thanks for writing it. It is likely that your negative test result, while preliminary, is accurate. Follow-up with a final test 90 days from the date of your last sexual encounter with this person. I am confident the result will be negative.

In health,

Richard

grandson bites someone worried
Please guide me