Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

please help- scared of possible exposure
Jan 12, 2013

I took my son for a hair cut today. The hair dresser had nicked her finger with the scissors apparently prior to my son's hair cut. She and I noticed a drop of blood that was on her finger at the same time. She wiped it off and then sprayed her finger with what appeared to be water and wiped it again on the rag. I asked her to please put a band aide on at this time, which she did. Why , I didnt just grab my son a leave then? I don't know. But, she returned and finished his hair cut. After it was all done I noticed a small open scratch on the back of my son's neck Either from the clippers or possible her scissors.. She had used a towel to dust off his neck after she was done. Not sure if she used the towel she wiped her blood off on or not as there were two on the counter. I am freaking out. If she had Hiv or hep C could he get it?

Response from Ms. Southall

Hi You son is fine! HIV transmission can't occur this way. If she has HIV once she cut herself and her cleaning the wound and putting a bandage on it took away any chance of transmission occurring. Also there would have to be a significant amount of blood present in order for transmission to occur. HIV also begins to die once it is outside of the body and is unable to infect.

Rest assured that your son is fine, Be well , Shannon

Previous
Help me hiv test(antibody+dna)
Next
Oral sex with HIV partner

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.