Worried about HIV exposure, symptoms

Dear mrs. Southall,

I'll explain my situation to you. I understand that it is impossible to diagnose me through the internet, or by any means other than an actual test, but I would still really appreciate it if you could offer me some general thoughts on the story... If only to soothe my mind a little, or to send me hurtling into oblivion... so long as you're realistic.

So, approximately 11 weeks ago I entered into a relationship with a girl. We had a fairly short episode of intercourse that night, no more than 5 minutes, afterwards I got too anxious and we stopped. She claimed to have been tested one month prior to us getting together, and that the test had been entirely negative. So, assuming her to be reliable, we had been close for some time prior and I felt comfortable trusting her on this, at least so I thought at the time.

I never concsiously noticed any symptoms after we had sex, in the supposed 2 - 8 time span during which they might have occured.

I do know however, that ARS can take longer to first appear, up to three months after exposure. So, I'm worried that my alleged seroconversion started last week.

The symptoms I suffered from were the following: 1: Mild fatigue, however I blame this on oversleeping I've had a really bad rhythm where I went to bad at 3 AM and woke up at 11 AM the next morning, only to stay in bed until 1 PM.

2: Occasional headache-like episodes that lasted upwards of 5 minutes, then dissapeared. During these episodes I never experienced actual pain, but rather more of a sense of being "out of it" only in my head though.

3: Although I may have had it for a long time already, I never paid much attention to something that may be a rash. My "rash" consists of a total of three small raised red dots located fairly far apart, about 10 cm. The skin beneath the dots isn't reddened and they are nowhere else on my body. I have a few questions about the ARS rash: - Does the skin area below the rash have to be red? - Would I have more spots if it were an ARS rash? - What colour would they be? Mine are blood red.

4: Minor myalgia. I had pain in my shoulders/back area for about 2 days, this pain then dissapated. 2 days later I experienced a mild pain in my left leg when I made large movements with it. This dissipated approximately 3 days later. After which I had another episode during which both of my arms felt oddly strained, though this is probably because I spent about 5 straight hours gaming.

5: My right eye has been slightly bloodshot for the last couple of days.

6: I noticed a number of pits in my nails. I have read somewhere that this could relate to Psoriasis, and that psoriasis can be caused or worsened by HIV? Is this true? And if so, would the psoriasis show during the ARS phase?

Thank you for your time I'm very grateful.

Hi Not sure from your question if there was protection or not, condom. The testing guidelines are to be initially tested at 3 weeks post exposure then again at 90 days, if this test is negative then so are you as long as there were no other exposures during that 90 day period.

If you tested negative and still have these symptoms than I would recommend that you follow up with your health care provider to evaluate the symptoms. There are other sexually transmitted infections that can be transmitted during this time as well and you would want to make sure your symptoms are not from any of those.

Concerned about a kiss from a person with herpes
Help me hiv test(antibody+dna)