how long.

Hi ,i m from uganda.i have a question.please if u could tell me,cause here, in uganda m consulting local people to help and prevent hiv.my question is ,we all know to get infected i have have exchange my body fluid quickly with a posetive person.but if there is a delay or little waiting period ,than how long that time can be?and have to have a significant amount of fluid,do u meant a drop of blood or any body fluid can be called significant?as far as hiv infection to occurs.and if there is a drop of blood on the surface than how long that virus can be active to make impact?

Dear doc,i will be very glad,if u could tell me ,please cause m trying to help our local here.thank you and god bless u.

Hi HIV begins to die once it leaves the body and is unable to infect. This happens within a minute or two of leaving the body. Of course the smaller amount the quicker it dies. In order to then infect someone the blood would have to be immediately in contact with an open sore or area that leads into the body. This also always doesn't occur. It depends on the status of the blood, first the blood would have to have HIV in it and if it did it would have to be a high viral load present.

The likelihood HIV transmission in this way is very rare.

need help,afraid
Clearing doubt. Help to save me