Do I need to start Pep?

At my job I noticed I had a good amont of blood on my hand about the size of a nicel. Underneath were blood touched I have cracked split skin from exema. I realized I had touched the door handle were the electrician was fixing are lighting had touched and he said he just cut his hand open. I touched it probablly four minutes after does this pose a risk? Should I start Pep thanks for your help.

Hi HIV begins to die once it is outside of the body and is unable to infect. With the blood coming into contact with the open area on you there is a possibility of transmission but is so very small. Of course the blood would have to have HIV in it. But with the time frame the likelihood of HIV transmission is very unlikely and PEP would not be warranted.

hi dr shannon i have an question for you
Sperm contact with glans/foreskin