Pre ejaculatory fluid in window period, more infectious?

Thank you for all that you are doing in here, it is really helpful and it helps a lot of people around the world.

What happened with me is that I gave unprotected oral sex to this random guy on December. I happen to have problems with my gums, I normally bleed when I brush my teeth or even when I eat an apple. I think this makes it worse. Another thing that worsens my risk is that when I asked this guy if he was HIV- he said yes, after I got more nervous I stopped (I saw a bit of pre ejaculatory fluid in his urethra) and asked him when was the last time he got tested. He told me he got tested in September and he was negative, so then I asked him when was the last time he had sex and said it was in September. Could it be that he could have been in his window period and the fluid was more infectious? Am I at great risk of contracting the virus due to the variables in this particular escenario?

Hi Oral sex carries the lowest risk of HIV transmission. Even with your tender gums it is difficult for transmission to happen, though it can. Also you need to be curious about other sexually transmitted infections that can occur more easily with oral sex and with your tender gums.

I would recommend that you work on your oral health to ensure healthier gums. In the meantime, I always say that if you have just brushed your teeth wait for 30 minutes or so before engaging in oral sex. Also if you know your gums are bleeding then do not participate in oral sex until they have stopped bleeding.

Of course the only way to truly know your status is to get tested. The guidelines for testing are to be initially tested at 3 weeks post exposure then again at 90 days if this test is negative than so are you.

Mucous Membrane Sperm Exposure - Posting 5th time, please respond
Apologies asking again. Ass fingering with blood, Kindly help