Jan 9, 2013
can we catch HIV if we use by mistake a toothbrush of someone have HIV i use by mistake the toothbrush of my room mate and she have HIV
Response from Ms. Southall
HI You cannot get HIV through casual contact, this includes toothbrushes. In order for HIV transmission to occur in this situation was if there were a significant amount of blood on the toothbrush and if it had just been used by the person living with HIV as HIV dies once it is outside of the body.
My husband and I have different colored toothbrushes to ensure that we don't share.
Be well and stay safe, Shannon
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Does HIV Cause Penis Discharge?
- Do People Get HIV From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Do People Catch AIDS From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Cold Feet After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Dizziness After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Insertive Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.