Are my symptoms HIV related?

About 3 months ago I engaged in unprotected oral sex with a girl I didn't know. It did not last extremely long, and I did not finish. I performed on her for no more than 20 seconds. The very next morning, I noticed a lump feeling in my throat. By night my Whole tongue was yellow and hairy looking. About 2 weeks later I noticed some painless red dots around my penis that did not itch but have been scabbing over from time to time for 3 months. About a month after my contact I noticed a dull aching in my testicles. I was screened for chlamydia and gonorrhea and both came back negative. I did a swab test that came back negative for herpes and did a blood test for herpes that came back negative just a couple weeks ago. Also I tested negative for syphilis last week. I am asking first if my symptoms could pose a risk of hiv infection even though we engaged in strictly oral, but also what else it could be after having a one-day onset with the tongue and now still being the same with my symptoms after 3 months. My urologists have told me that it is simply chronic epididymitis but all antibiotics and antifungals have failed. Steroids worked temporarily but things went bad once I got off them. My ENT told me not to worry about the tongue (even though my throat looks pretty nasty) but thought I maybe contracted a virus from this girl that stayed locally in the body parts involved. The urologists do not believe that it is sexually related but I am still very skeptical or even sure it is something viral she gave me. Scrotal ultrasound revealed inflammation of the epididymis and an epididymal cyst which I was told not to worry about. Both my ENT and Urologist do not recommend HIV testing. are they wrong? just trying to figure this all out and needed a different opinion. Thanks

Hi Oral sex does carry the lowest risk of HIV transmission, that's not saying that it cannot happen. The symptoms you experienced immediately after are too soon for HIV but with all the other test they have run I would recommend having HIV testing done to just rule it out as well and of course to continue with follow up with your health care provider. If there have been no other exposures since your experience with her then getting the test now will be conclusive. The guidelines for testing are to be initially tested at 3 weeks post exposure then again at 90 days if this test is negative than so are you.

Be well and I hope they find out what's going on, Shannon

Toothbrushes
Symptoms of ARS a few weeks after sexual acitivity