Toothbrushes

Hi I'm just writing to ask if transmission from sharing toothbrushes is a genuine possibility. If you'd used the toothbrush of a HIV + guy numerous times by mistake, say 50, over a 2 year period would the chance of getting HIV be likely? This is a real scenario for my kids due to the mix up of toothbrushes with a family member who has recently tested positive.

Hi Getting HIV from a toothbrush is possible, but not probable. There would have to be a significant amount of blood on the the toothbrush and it would have had to just been used by the person living with HIV. It is on the very far end of the spectrum of possible exposure. It again is highly unlikely.

Be well, Shannon

need final verdict Dr. shannon please help?
Are my symptoms HIV related?