HIV+ and HIV -

hi i'll like to be anonymous, I am 22year old guy who's dating a 33 year old woman and I am HIV positive and she is not. We really love each other very much, but it's a very complicated relationship.. anyway the issue or my question is, is there a way I can have a baby with her that will protect her from getting the virus???

Hi Thanks for the question! Yes it is entirely possible to have a baby in your situation. There are a few scenarios to prevent transmission to her and the baby. 1. If you are on medication and have an undetectable viral load the risk of transmission is reduced by up to 96%. If you chose to have unprotected intercourse to have her become pregnant you would need to make sure you have an undetectable viral load. The other thing she can do is talk to your health care provider about being placed on Truvada which has recently been approved for prevention. 2. You could go through sperm washing and have her inseminated with this sperm. This is an expensive process and sometimes insurance covers it and of course some times not. 3. You could use an anonymous donor or adopt.

I have worked with couples in your situation and they have all done one of the above things and it has worked great for them with healthy outcomes. You need to talk with your healthcare provider to have them be a major part of the conversation and help with guidance in what is the best way for you to move forward.

This is killing me, please help?
doubt!!