How bad was the exposure

My friend is known to have HIV. He's been taking medicine for it which brings his count down or something like that. He had sex with his ex-girlfriend (girlfriend at the time) without a condom on because she didn't care about that. My ex-boyfriend had sex with her without a condom on(her boyfriend at the time) and then him and I got together. We had sex and I refused to let him go without a condom. Thing is, the condom slipped off.

What's my probably of actually contracting the Disease with my friend taking medicine that makes him less contagious?(It's been 4 years, recently had an HIV test done and it came back Negative).

Hi Thanks for the question. We know that if someone is on HIV medication and has an undetectable viral load the risk of transmission is reduced by up to 96%. It is entirely possible that HIV transmission in this situation did not occur. Of course the best and only true way to know your status and your boyfriend's is for everyone to receive testing. The guidelines for testing are to be initially tested at 3 weeks after exposure then again at 90 days if there are no possible exposures during this time than the results of the test at 90 days is conclusive.

From what you have described to be the risk of transmission is unlikely, but again the only way for anyone to know for sure is to receive testing.

Low Transmission Risk Activity, Possible ARS, Just Need Some Clarity
This is killing me, please help?