Jan 9, 2013
Hello I was in a bathroom at dollar general and the lights didn't work so I went in and used the toilet as I used my phone as a light and it looked like there was dry blood on the crotch area and maybe my private may have touched it or went in the inside did I catch hiv? Please I'm scared
Response from Ms. Southall
Hi The risk of HIV transmission through contact on a toilet seat is very small and not a risk of the blood was dry. HIV begins to die once it is outside of the body and is unable to infect anyone. Be well and stay safe, Shannon
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Do Genital Warts Look Like When They First Appear?
- What Are My Chances Of Getting Chlamydia From Someone Who Already Has It?
- Is Uti Medication The Same As Gonorrhea?
- What To Do If Treatment Did Not Work For Gonorrhea Or Chlamydia?
- Treating Late Stage Gonorrhea
- Things That Look Like Herpes But Are Not
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.