Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

PLEASE HELP
Jan 9, 2013

On DEC 1st I went to a strip club and recieved a brief handjob from a stripper----She wet her hands with her mouth----what are the chances of contracting hiv? Since then I have fatigue starting couple days after this with nausea that helped when I took otc meds.....I woke up two nights in a row a week later from sweating--sheets were not covered just my chest was seating-I guess they call that mild sweats---then 24 Days later I had mouth ulcers which were gone very quickly--Never had a fúever, soar throat, never had a diarrea although i only pooped once a day and i felt like i had to more(constipation), never had a raash although to I have seen a few bumps here and there that come and go....I guess am I at risk or could all the stress and anxiety be causing some of these things..I am on the internet 24 hours a day looking for things

Response from Ms. Southall

Hi There is no risk for HIV transmission from receiving a hand job. HIV transmission does not happen through saliva. I'm feeling that your anxiety is causing your symptoms. If your symptom continue or increase I would recommend following up with your health care provider for evaluation but it is not HIV.

Be well and stay safe, Shannon

Previous
hi guys!!
Next
Work exposure

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.