CHEMILUMINESCENCE (QML)

hi experts TODAY checked my hiv results and i realized that the method they used to analyze the blood sample is called Chemiluminescence (QML),(diferent than elisa test) I take this HIV test in a laboratory at 9 weeks (negative) then take the test again at 88 days, I was supposed to take this last test at 90 days, but when I saw the calendar and counted the days they were only 88 days. (12 WEEKS)(negative) how accurate is this last test using the method CHEMILUMINESCENCE and please explain how this CHEMILUMINESCENCE WORKS I NEVER HEARD THAT BEFORE AND NOW I AM JUST SCARE!

Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman

Hello there Chemiluminescence is an FDA-approved testing method and equivalent to immunofluorescence assays (IFA). Chemiluminescence is actually the name of a method of testing (like ELISA or Western Blot, etc.). It can certainly be used to detect anti-HIV antibodies. Just like other tests I would say it is very accurate at 28 days and conclusive at 90. My guess is 88 is as well. Take care, LHW

nPEP only 10 days? (According to ER doctor I went to)
Undetectable HIV and risks