Time to test for person who have HBV

Dear Shannon, This is three time to ask expert but not response. I had hepatitis B for long time ago and then if I became infected with hiv would I take longer to test positive for hiv or not? I got tested at three months and Four months from exposure and it came back Negative. Am I hiv free? Does it change in future? Please help me, I feel confused.

Hi Sorry it has taken too long for you to get an answer to your question.

Your history of having Hepatitis B will not effect your HIV test at all. The guidelines for testing are to be initially tested at 3 weeks then again at 90 days. What the test is looking for is your body making antibodies against HIV. If the test at 90 days comes back negative then so are you. And again having Hepatitis B will not effect the outcome of the HIV tests.

DR. SHANNON HELP! HIV & SYPHILIS CORRELATION! PLEASE HELP 2nd time I ask!
is 75 days conclusive