HIV transmission concern
Jan 6, 2013
I had some sores at the base of my penis and had sex with a condom. There was vaginal fluid on the base when we finished am I at risk ?
Response from Ms. Southall
Hi This does carry some risk but small. The sores or openings would have to be new, as they happened during sex. This is a risk but again very small. But not just for HIV but for all of the other STI's. Depending on the sores, I would recommend following up with your health care provider for evaluation.
Be well and stay safe, Shannon
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can U Get HIV From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Burning Red Spots After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Mouth After Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Vaginal Sex Without Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- How Long Should You Wait To Get Tested For Chlamydia?
- Signs And Symptoms Of Being Sick
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.