Paranoid and anxious

Hi Shannon, I am a 31 y/o gay man that can't experience anything with another man do to fear of contracting HIV. I met a guy and he put my penis in his mouth for about 5 seconds before I made him stop and I pulled my penis out. After this experience I have been worried sick that I might have contacted HIV. I know oral sex is low risk and its all in my head that I'm so scared and worried but I need a piece of mind. Did I put myself in danger with this incident? I feel my life is over. I don't know what to do. Please help me.

Hi Your life is not over! Though you do need to find out why you have this fear, it may be finding someone to talk with.

Oral sex carries the lowest risk of HIV transmission.

Please follow this link "HIV transmission" to take you to the site on The Body to talk with you about transmission and become educated so you don't live in fear and can open yourself up to have a healthy and happy sex life!

Be well Shannon

Dear Shannon; Lymph node question
Can I be newly infected by another strain of HIV?