Confused about my status.

When my girlfriend was 7months pregnant we tested for hiv three times and I tested negative in all those tests but she tested possitive in both,how does this happen and am I going to sudden sicknesses and die,please clarify I dnt whether I should take medication or not?

Hi This is a hard question to answer. The guidelines for testing are to be initially tested at 3 weeks post exposure then again at 90 days if this test is negative than so are you. It is possible for your girlfriend to test positive before you because they are testing the body making antibodies against HIV and it happens at different rates with everyone. If you test continue to come back negative this means so are you.

Knowing her status during the pregnancy and with her getting placed on medication the risk of transmission to the baby drop to less than 1%. The most important thing is that each of you know your status and now know how to protect one another and the baby.

be well, Shannon

Spreading infection to infant?
Dear Shannon; Lymph node question