FOLLICULITIS OR GENITAL HERPES

Hello Doktor. i had rashes/ blisters at my penis and groin last week. they were itchy but did not cause any pain at all. now they are gone for good. i also suffered from a few rashes around my thighs, arms and ears and they are also gone for good. My question is, how to tell whether they were folliculitis or genital herpes? cause genital herpes also heal within a few weeks and might come back in future. im a bit worry because one of the hiv symptoms is rashes. for your info, i always perform safe sex- latex condomn. pls help doc. have a great day.

Hi There could be a few different reasons for the rash. Yes it could be herpes or folliculitis or something different. I would recommend that you follow up with your health care provider for evaluation of the symptoms. If you have always had protected sex than the likelihood that this is HIV related is very small.

paranoid,fear bout hiv
Spreading infection to infant?