glass bottle cut at work
Jan 6, 2013
At work I cut my leg on a glass bottle. Someone at work had put a broken bottle into a bag, which I disposed of. As I was doing this the bottle cut my leg. It was a beer bottle to be specific.
Am I at risk of infection, like HIV, hepatitis or any other serious diseases?
Response from Ms. Southall
Hi The likelihood of transmission of any disease through this exposure is very minimal. HIV specifically there is no risk. The thing you need to be sure of is that you cleaned the wound and keep it covered as it heals so that you do not increase your risk of an infection developing.
But again no fear of HIV transmission in this setting.
be well and stay safe, Shannon
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Risks Of Contracting HIV From Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Black Spots After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Oral Ulcers After Open Mouth Kissing Sign Of HIV AIDS
- White Spots After Condom Inside Out Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.