Test 4 months

Shannon,

My risk was performing oral sex on an unknown woman. My last test was after 4 months (ELISA P24). During these four months I kept my relationship with my girlfriend. She is negative. This can increase the time test? It is conclusive? Tks

Hi Oral sex carries the lowest risk of HIV transmission and the guidelines for testing are to be initially tested at 3 weeks then again at 90 days, if this test is negative than so are you. This is that during the 90 day period there was no other exposures. As long as you used protection with your girlfriend during this time she is fine. Though again the risk of transmission through oral sex and most likely you are HIV free from this experience.

be well and stay safe, Shannon

Does urine test at gynecologist show HIV?
glass bottle cut at work