reply to Erik Glenn. on Anxiet i have for possible HIV infection.

hello Dr Glenn, in my previous question,(am in anxiety i may be assymptomatic to hiv) Assymtomatic refers to a situation whereby a person has been infected but shows little or no credible symptoms. If i am wrong to use that word then am sorry

I wasn't satisfied with your answer so i felt i had to update you. SINCE my first time sex in 2010 in december of that year, i had protected sex with a prostitute, during which i had foreplay without penetration whiles not wearing a condom, it had to do with mutual masturbation without a condom but no penetration. after which i had condom protected penetrations. since after that sex, i have had strange phenomenal changes in my usual look example some kind of cyst-like bumps on my body one small but hard one just below my right chest and one on my cheek, they have disapeared partially because they have trace bumps behind. but my general worry is that, all test i did since 2010 have been negative but i have a whitish layer of cladding on my tongue that looks like tiny hair-fur-like structure that partially cover my tongue surface and cannot be removed and daily mucus production in nose and throat which frightens me that i may be infected without symptoms. i further believe my thoughts because i have taken vaccination for hepatitis B so maybe that prevents symptoms from showing. though i have had several other condom sex encounters last year-about five, but subsequent tests were negative. it now 2 years, what do you say about my tongue and Daily mucus in my throat and nose, its shocks. Today i had spit out mucus throughout and tommorrow is waiting for that nightmare again, help with your expertise Dr. Anyway Happy new year to Thebody.com and you.

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your update,

However, No unprotected penetration = No risk for HIV. It's as simple as that.

I'm very sorry to hear about what's been happening with your body. I highly encourage you to follow up with your doctors to figure out what the root cause of all that is. Your doctors, who get to examine you face-to-face, will be best equipped to get down to the bottom of this.

It is also very possible that your stress is playing a huge role in what you're feeling.

Hope this helps.

Erik

Dr shannon Help me help me need your advice
HIV and Fleas